Air Freshening: Natural Solutions
1) To banish a smoke odors in a room, leave a dish of baking soda in the room overnight.
2) Lavender oil, mixed with a cup of water in a spray bottle, makes a wonderful air freshener: Not only does it smell lovely simply spritzed around the house, it has relaxing aromatherapy benefits, too!
3) Create your own fragrant potpourri by adding essential oils to cedar chips, and placing in a pretty bowl on the table.
4) Make musty smells a thing of the past by adding a container of cat litter or a lump of odor-absorbing charcoal to the area.
5) To get rid of unpleasant cooking scents, cut a lemon into wedges and toss into a pot of boiling water with a cinnamon stick or cloves. The resulting steam will melt away the odors.